   RE: [xml-dev] XSLT, RDF, fragment identifiers

Peter.Hunsberger@stjude.org (Hunsberger, Peter) writes:
>I'm not sure quite what the issue is?  Aren't URIs well enough defined
>that something like:
>
>   *[concat('#',substring-after(uri,'#')) = @rdf:resource]
>
>should behave predictably?  Or am I just missing something completely?

If I just want to match IDs, I can do something like that, and likely
will. (Probably combined with Uche's suggestions.)

Fragment identifier interpretation can get far trickier than that,
though, especially given the possibilities in the XPointer Framework.

http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-framework/

For this case, I can probably stumble through, but there are plenty of
plausible (largely hypertextual) cases where XSLT/XPath's lack of
XPointer understanding will make life difficult.   XInclude's dodged
that bullet, in Section 4.2, but even that supports the element()
scheme.

(At the same time, I really don't want to pile anything additional into
those specs.  If I could swap out schema support in favor of XPointer
support - well, I'd think about that one and probably prefer it.)

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!