   Re: [xml-dev] XSLT, RDF, fragment identifiers

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com (Uche Ogbuji) writes:
>Unsatisfactory answer (and how I do it): Use a processor that has a
>normalize-url() or resolve-url() extension function.  For example:
>4Suite.  I think Saxon has such a beast as well.  In 4XSLT it's
>resolve-url(), namespace http://xmlns.4suite.org/ext

Does this work for fragments inside the same document without a separate
retrieval call?  The extra-special catch comes if I have to deal with
these documents in a pipeline where the base URI may not be meaningful.
I guess the pipeline could also manage normalization.

>I usually combine this with an xsl:key that indexes rdf:about and
>rdf:ID. That way I can resolve fragments to full URIs and then look
>them up easily and efficiently.

I'm thinking I can make this work for simple ID-based fragment
identifiers, at least in a context (like RDF) where I know all the IDs
will be rdf:ID.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!