   Re: [xml-dev] Chameleon schemas <include>ing chameleon schemas

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 10:47:28 -0500, you wrote:

>There is a section on this in the Best Practices:
>
>http://www.xfront.com/ZeroOneOrManyNamespaces.html
>
>Cheers,
>
>Jeff Rafter

Yes - I contributed to that. The issue here was the specific case
where a no-namespace schema is included in another no-namespace
schema, which is included in a schema with a target namespace.

The definitive answer seems to be that all definitions exist in the
namespace of the "top-level" schema, but that several tools get it
wrong. Although I used to use chameleon schemas in very specific
instances because customers like to minimize the number of namespaces,
I now tend to namespace everything because otherwise I can guarantee
that at least one XML tool will screw up. This problem came up with
some schemas that were written some time ago.

Thanks to all those who have contributed.

Regards

Paul Spencer