   Re: [xml-dev] Relax NG annoyances

James Clark wrote:
 > As for why we didn't go further than this and support
> non-whitespace separated lists, I think there was doubt as to whether
> this was pushing the envelope in the right direction.  Isn't it better
> to mark up complex structure explicitly with elements and attributes?

A fair number of vocabularies created before XML Schema or RelaxNG have comma or
semicolon separated lists. Another example could be the list of commands in SVG
path data. But as tempting as it is to want to fix this with lists, I think that
having a nice way of declaring compound types (à la Regular Fragmentation, but
without changing the tree) would be the most general and elegant solution to this.

--
Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Research Engineer, Expway        http://expway.fr/