   RE: [xml-dev] Motivations for namespaces (sorry)

Knowing what schema individual components come from is really not that
useful when one starts mixing elements. For instance take a look at a
typical RSS 2.0 feed, (http://intertwingly.net/blog/index.rss2) does
having the schema for the Dublin Core and XHTML namespaces really tell
what the type of document they are included in is?

Then again from that example, you may then think all you have to do is
look at the {namespace-uri}local-name of the root element then that also
is naive. For example take a look at SQLXML mapping schemas[0] whose
root element is {http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}schema.

[0]http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/sqlxml3/htm/ssxsdannotations_
0gqb.asp

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
If the crooks are within pistol range, so are you.

rights.