   RE: [xml-dev] Bolt-in Type Systems (RE: [xml-dev] Relax NG and Web Servi

Agreed.  I need to understand what it means though to an
implementation of a RELAX NG spec'd language.  In X3D
as in other languages, we have the primitive types of the
language, eg SFString, MFString, and so forth, then we have
the built in node and field types, eg, Sphere, Indexed Face
Set, and so forth.   The PROTO node is used to create interfaces
for adding behaviors and fields to existing node types but there
are issues there about these being first class objects.

What I am asking myself is where the bolt-in type capability
of RELAX would fit in, and my guess is, in the primitive types,
so for X3D, for things such as MFString.

XML et al end up having a buffet table of typing features, and I
am realizing the degree to which I really don't understand
their interrelationships and how to choose wisely the features
given an object model.  Call me turkey dense, but I may not
be the only flapping hard and going nowhere.

len