   RE: [xml-dev] Categories of Mismatches between Producer andConsumer?

At 02:23 PM 7/11/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>I agree with you completely. However, if you are interested in a framework
>for what needs to be negotiated (by intelligent parties) before systems
>are built, then, IMHO, Roger's categories are right on.
>
>Social context is a very good one. Reading the title of the original post,
>I saw Producer as a machine and Consumer as a machine. Your interpretation
>might vary :-)

Machines have gotten a lot cheaper and a lot smarter.  My interpretation
varies because I give the machines (and their programmers) more credit for
capabilities which include negotiation and interpretation, and all the
"social" contexts which go with that.