   RE: [xml-dev] Categories of Mismatches between Producer andConsumer?

<quote>

Those kinds of assumptions build enormous brittleness into the system from
the outset.  Are "Best Practices for Creating Brittle Systems" really "Best
Practices"?

I don't think so.  Your answer may vary.
</quote>

I agree with you completely. However, if you are interested in a framework for what needs to be negotiated (by intelligent parties) before systems are built, then, IMHO, Roger's categories are right on.

Social context is a very good one. Reading the title of the original post, I saw Producer as a machine and Consumer as a machine. Your interpretation might vary :-)

Patrick