   Re: [xml-dev] Non-deterministic content models

From: "Eric van der Vlist" <vdv@dyomedea.com>
> > Yes, but looking at the code I noticed MSV creates a list of types
collected
> > in the course of validating an attribute. I thought perhaps it had the
> > ability to pass this information on to an application. Eric kind of led
me
> > there with his comment
>
> Yes, this is the case. In msv's directory "examples/psvi", you'll find a
> demo showing how to do this. That's done through implementing a SAX like
> "TypedContentHandler"...

Thanks for clearing this up.

From your other comments, I assume you agree that arbitrarily picking one of
the valid types isn't the best possible outcome. ;-} It's more a consequence
of an API that is limited to returning a single type name.

Seems like the API would be more useful, better suited to regular models and
more universally applicable if it returned a set of validated types.

Bob Foster