   Re: [xml-dev] Re: An approach to describing the relationships between un

Emmanuil Batsis (Manos) scripsit:

> BTW, what does SI mean?

Systeme Internationale, the metric system, the way in which the people of
Earth measure things (except for the Americans and a few others).
Meters, kilograms, seconds, amperes, kelvins, candelas, radians, steradians.

It's not *necessary* to have a canonical form, but since we do in fact
have one, by international agreement (even the Fred Flintstone units are
defined by metric ones, 1 inch = 2.54 cm, for example), we might as
well use it.

--
John Cowan                              <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              http://www.reutershealth.com