   political blather (WAS Re: Advice: inline node editing, or not?)

Jay Vaughan wrote:

> What is it about XML people and their attitudes, anyway ... its just
> a freakin' technology, people, not a doctrine.

I agree with the overall sentiment, but here you are
quite mistaken.

Remember: XML began life as "SGML for the Web", and
SGML is as much a philosophy as it is a technology [*].

Ride it out; this thread will die down in a week or so.

--jenglish@flightlab.com

  (desperately resisting the urge to respond to Len's last article)

[*] If you're curious about the philosophy of SGML, just
    ask any old-time SGMLer [**].  There are still a dozen
    or so of us left on this list, so you should get at least
    two dozen answers.

[**] ... or a new-time SGMLer [***]

[***] e.g., Simon St. Laurent