   Re: [xml-dev] more politics

Mike Champion scripsit:

> I gotta say that the whole idea of a "resource" as a thingie that emits
> representations makes a whole lot more sense to me than "Web resources"
> that are physical cars, distant galaxies, or abstract ideas.

There's no doubt that representations are what's emitted.
The difference between Pat's 1) and 2) is whether GETting
http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes/Yosemite.html returns a representation
of a *document about Yosemite* (reading 1) or whether it returns a
representation of *Yosemite* (reading 2).  Either is plausible, but the
difference is as fundamental as the difference between George Washington
and a U.S. quarter.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        jcowan@reutershealth.com
To say that Bilbo's breath was taken away is no description at all.  There are