   RE: [xml-dev] more politics

John Cowan:

> "the system" includes human beings and other inference-drawing machines.

I'd really like to see the Web Architecture described in two parts:

1) the layer that code cares about
2) the layer that people care about

It's important for 1) to be reduced to a single set of principles.

For 2) however, there are already multiple interpretations out there, and
seem to be deeply entrenched enough to stick around. I'd venture that a huge
amount of discussions over on www-tag boil down to an attempt to get
everyone to agree on a single interpretation, which for religious topics
just doesn't happen in groups of 2 or larger (barring divine intervention).

It seems the Semantic Web is not meant to be read, but interpreted. :-)

> ... cannot be the same URI on pain of contradiction.

That sounds about right. If two assertions using the same subject URI
conflict, then a logical contradiction takes place. It's bound to happen one
way or another.

.micah