   Re: RE: [xml-dev] namespaces (was RE: [xml-dev] rss regularis(z)ation)

>On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:07:18 -0700 "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
wrote.
[[[
The article doesn't mention extensibility and namespaces in the same breath.
In fact the word namespace appears only once in the article and it is when I
mention that the XML Infoset has namespace information items.
]]]

Ahhh :)

That's what I thought at first - I crtl-f'd for 'namespaces' and found it
once in the infoset section; so I cranked out a narky email asking you wnat
on earth that article had to do with a thread on namespaces, didn't send it,
went off to eat or something. After I came back I checked again and found
that transid example - I'd followed a link on the navbar and was at the
wrong article. Apologies, my bad for the misattribution.

But now. What does your article have to do with anything in this thread? You
surely can't be saying your world doesn't have namespaces in it either.

[[[
Partitioning is important if multiple parties will be extending your
vocabulary. Just look at RSS for examples of where this partitioning has
proved useful.
]]]

Agreement on policy (partioning), not on mechanism (XML namespaces).

Bill de hÓra