   Re: [xml-dev] An idea about permathreads

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 23:34:37 +0200, Gustaf Liljegren
<gustaf.liljegren@bredband.net> wrote:

> Therefore, I think there should be
> an xml-dev wiki.

I think that's a great idea!

> - Every topic has 1+ self-appointed expert(s). The initial task of those
> experts is to start digging in the archive and write summaries.

That probably won't happen.  The best we can hope for is that people will
add to the Wiki as permathreads roll along.   But whatever ... maybe there
are people who would enjoy such challenges.

> Even divided on several people, it's a big task. If it's too much, we
> could let it grow slowly by adding summaries of new discussions only.

As far as I know, it's a bit pointless to try to plan how a Wiki will work
... it just works, or not, as the group contributes.  I'd say set it up and
see what happens.  I'll take the pledge to try to update the Wiki as I
post, and check it before preaching to the converted.