   Re: [xml-dev] Binary XML == "spawn of the devil" ?

Rick Marshall wrote:

> i agree with the slow down from parsing xml. it's a much bigger problem,
> than binary or text formats. the need to find the other end of a tag
> before you can really process a tag - and searching for multi byte
> sequences is not well supported in the current generation of processors
> - is i think the main problem.

I think much of that need is driven by the XMLP/SOAP stuff.
Especially for code that is only interested in acting on the
headers, but is forced (implicitly) to deal with content. I always
though SwA was a nice MIMEish way around that, but I believe the
general thinking atm is that embedded payloads are a Good Thing.

Bill de hÓra

--
Propylon
http://www.propylon.com