   Re: [xml-dev] threads (was Re: [xml-dev] filesystems)

<Quote1>
I think you would be well-served to read the materials referenced by
threads before promoting yet another specification of only tangential
value.
</Quote1>

I think you would be well-served to read specifications before judging
them as being of only "tangential value".

<Quote2>
Just don't do it in the guise of being helpful
</Quote2>

I think you're really blowing this out of context - there was no "guise"
here.

<Quote3>
It feels to me like working the room
</Quote3>

I am not the one flailing about articles written 5 years ago when there
are so many up-to-the-minute developments to keep abreast of.

<Quote4>
Starting new threads is probably a good idea in general here anyway.
</Quote4>

I will not waste any listserv member's time by contributing any more to
this thread. Feel free to reply away all you like. :)

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton

"Simon St.Laurent" wrote:

> chiusano_joseph@bah.com (Chiusano Joseph) writes:
> ><Quote>
> >I think you missed the point of the thread completely.
> ></Quote>
> >
> >I'm sorry, I don't recall referencing the "point of the thread" in my
> >response (and I have not actually had a chance to read your article).
> >My intention was simply to reference an emerging open standard that
> >incorporates XML and directories/filesystems, in the event that it may
> >have provided an additional angle to your viewpoint.
>
> I think you would be well-served to read the materials referenced by
> threads before promoting yet another specification of only tangential
> value.
>
> If you want to "reference an emerging open standard", that's fine.  Just
> don't do it in the guise of being helpful when you can't be bothered to
> read the context.  It feels to me like working the room, not like making
> a contribution.
>
> Starting new threads is probably a good idea in general here anyway.
>
> --
> Simon St.Laurent
> Ring around the content, a pocket full of brackets
> Errors, errors, all fall down!
> http://simonstl.com -- http://monasticxml.org

begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano