   Re: [xml-dev] Binary XML == "spawn of the devil" ?

robin.berjon@expway.fr (Robin Berjon) writes:
>> I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for - and Len's reply
>> makes me even less certain - but Content-Type header fields
>> definitely take parameters:
>
>Content-Type, yes, Content-Encoding/Accept-Encoding (aka content
>codings), no:
>
>http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2068/rfc2068

Thanks - that makes it clear.  Seems like an odd omission.

Has anyone taken this particular challenge up with the IETF?

(I worry that other people will read it the way I did and start hacking
encoding parameters into Content-Type rather than use Content-Encoding.
Open spaces seem to invite traffic when other spaces are closed.)

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!