len

From: Chiusano Joseph [mailto:chiusano_joseph@bah.com]

Ah, you're down in 'bama.

<Quote>
Did you explain the dereferencing problems of using http
style URNs in namespace names?
</Quote>

I actually am not working on this draft - my previous employer (LMI) is
(I would have worked on it had I still be there). But the authors are on
this list, and so you might consider your voice heard. But as a
double-ensurance, I will make sure that when I review the next version
that this type of verbiage is included - and if not, I will recommend
that it be included.

[not trying to resurrect a perma-thread here]
As a quick point related to this: I have used URL-based namespace
identifiers in all of the E-Grants (grants.gov) schemas that I have
written. I am (pleasantly) surprised that at no point was there any
expression of confusion (from any agency involved) regarding the issue
at hand here - perhaps in some ways it's also a matter of educating
folks.