   Re: [xml-dev] more politics

<Quote>
If I ordered a "pop" here in NYC I would expect to get asked
for clarification.
</Quote>

Actually I predict a very different reaction ;)

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano [grew up in NYC suburbs]
Booz | Allen | Hamilton

John Cowan wrote:

> Bullard, Claude L (Len) scripsit:
>
> > In the North, these are 'pops'.  If you ask for a
> > 'pop' in the South, they look at you strangely but
> > if you keep insisting, they will pop you.  This usually
> > just results in a sore arm or nose.  In the North,
> > if they pop you, it results in a trip to the mortuary.
>
> True.  But "pop" for "soda" is not understood everywhere.
> If I ordered a "pop" here in NYC I would expect to get asked
> for clarification.
>
> > The case for tea is worse; Southerners
> > habitually sweeten tea.  To get it without sugar,
> > you have to ask for unsweetened tea.  In the North,
> > typically, the case is the reverse.
>
> It's worse than that.  In the North, tea is hot by
> default; in the South, iced.
>
> > Because of
> > problems of reference such as these, we fought
> > and have never forgotten, our Civil War, and
> > may do it again in the near future.</details>
>
> Q:  What does the North think of the South?
> A:  Think of the what?
>
> --
> "I could dance with you till the cows           John Cowan
> come home.  On second thought, I'd              http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
> rather dance with the cows when you             http://www.reutershealth.com
> came home."  --Rufus T. Firefly                 jcowan@reutershealth.com

begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano