   Re: new line handling (DOMBuilder and DOMSerializer)

  • To: Christian Parpart <cparpart@surakware.net>
  • Subject: Re: new line handling (DOMBuilder and DOMSerializer)
  • From: John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 11:27:30 -0400
  • Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org

Christian Parpart scripsit:

> Could you point me to the spec that says this? Because I didn't find it :(

It's by implication.  Translation is done only on "hard" CRs by Section 2.11.
Erratum E50 (http://www.w3.org/XML/xml-V10-2e-errata#E50) makes it clearer
what is going on.  There is no translation of character references in
content.  As for attribute values, the algorithm in Section 3.3.3 makes it
clear that character references in attribute values are never altered.

--
Evolutionary psychology is the theory           John Cowan
that men are nothing but horn-dogs,             http://www.ccil.org/~cowan