   Re: [xml-dev] Patented XML Compression Techniques (WAS RE: [xml-dev]Bina

Olivier Dubuisson wrote:
> Robin Berjon wrote:
>> I tried that one but it fails for most of my XSD.
>
> I never received a bug report from you (when there is a bug, the website
> allows to give an email address, so that we can quicly get back to the
> user when the bug is corrected).

I remember (this was a month or two ago) sending one to an email I found on the
site but I don't know if it was the right place.

> I don't have manpower available before the end of this month but if you
> send me your XSD(s), we'll be happy to have a look at it and correct
> the tool as needed.

Sure, I'll dig them up and we'll continue this discussion offline :)

>> always require ASN1-CHARACTER-MODULE.asn which is huge and appears to
>> generate vast amounts of unused code.
>
> A (good) ASN.1 compiler doesn't generate (C, C++, Java...) code for
> unused ASN.1 definitions.

I would have hoped so. It would be helpful if the list of tools made assertions
on their maturity.

>> I understand that this is a closed process and that no documents are
>> made available for public review, but my concern is that it seems
>> likely that there will be ASN.1 related discussions at the workshop,
>> and that their quality will be difficult to assess without the latest
>> spec and test tools to play with :-/
>
> See my answer to an earlier message: I think your concern should be
> solved.

I read it, it would be very helpful, thanks.

--
Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Research Engineer, Expway        http://expway.fr/