   Re: [xml-dev] Xerces-C to parse DocBook xml

You might be a bit confused about the relationship of Xerces, Docbook, and parsing.
Typically, usage will involve processing the Docbook XML files with stylesheets, using an XSLT processor.
Since you mention the command line, I'll assume you don't mean accessing Docbook files through, e.g. SAX or DOM.

Here are some links for further reading.
The second link has some details on using catalogs with saxon, xalan, and xsltproc.

http://docbook.org/wiki/moin.cgi/
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/index.html
http://nwalsh.com/docbook/index.html

Regards,