   [Fwd: [cam] Re: [xml-dev] A standard approach to glueing togetherreusabl

Thanks David - Forwarding to XML-DEV a response from David Webber, chair
of the OASIS CAM TC. Please note his expression of appreciation for
participation in the work he describes below.

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton
--- Begin Message ---
Joe,

Your timing is impeccable as usual!

Please go to :

 http://dfas.info

And choose the PPT labelled "Choice Pt Presentation".

This details the work that the BCM TC is doing in this exact
area - and yes - CAM is downstream of that - as a means
to implement context at the transaction layer - and has
defined its own context mechanism too.

There is also the BCM Appendix B draft available that
gives in-depth details pretaining to Context mechanisms
as introduced in the PPT presentation.

The DFAS site has that and also in PDF format at the
BCM TC site.

We would very much appreciate participation in this work.
We're setting up a sub-team of the BCM TC that is
tasked with this deliverable.   This has been delayed with
the access problems to Kavi - but once we have that accessible
in Kavi later this week we'll let everyone know.

Thanks, DW.
Message text written by "Chiusano Joseph"
>dditionally, one may point to an XML registry that would store all of
the "metadata fragments" that are required. The location of the registry
could be stored at the top of the "master" structure (in this case,
<para>), or multiple registries could be specified where needed (i.e. to
override the default "master" registry).

Just some random thoughts. The OASIS Content Assembly Mechanism (CAM) TC
is doing some great work in this area. I'm copying that TC to inform
them of these great questions, and I will pass along any response that
they have if the responder is not subscribed to XML-DEV.
<

You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/cam/members/leave_workgroup.php