   RE: [xml-dev] Postel's Law Has No Exceptions

I think XML is a very good example that in some cases, to be conservative in
*both* what you send and what you accept makes more sense.

Speaking from server implementation experience: just because one popular
server chose to be "liberal" (in that case, non-compliant), implementors of
competing servers are now forced to implement that buggy behaviour as
well -- just because clients are relying on that behaviour. I don't think
this was what Jon Postel intended back then.

Julian