   RE: [xml-dev] Why does MSXML ignore encoding clause?

Alexey,

>         #include "MSXML2_TLB.h"
>         TCOMIXMLDOMDocument Doc(CoDOMDocument::Create());
>         Doc->async = false;
>         Doc->loadXML(/* Hear comes source document */);
>         return Doc->xml;
>
> Resulting document is:
>         <?xml version="1.0"?>
>         <Log/>
> As You can see, it does not contain encoding
>
> Why?

the reason is that the MSXML deals with UTF-16 ecoded strings internally, at
least for NT based sytems - I do not know exactly what it is for Win 95
based systems. So I guess that MSXML removes the encoding value from the xml
declaration to stay sane.

Note that the MSXML deals with the encoding instruction correctly if you use
the load function. If you then use the xml property to gain access to the
xml source and write this value a stream the string you are writing is
equally encoded as UTF 16. However if you use the save function, the correct
encoding will be used.

Regards

Axel

--