   RE: [xml-dev] InkML

That wasn't meant to be pejorative, Simon.  My apologies.

Is the syntax of InkML really opaque?  How much
information does the human need to interpret it
as a coordinate list?  How much information does
the computer need?  In both cases, the information
that tells either that those are coordinates is in
the specification and in the implementation, not
in the markup.  Is that the case you are arguing?
If so, we are arguing similar concerns.  I am going
one step further and saying that it would be useful
for productions that span applications to be shared,
not reinvented.

But it is still XML.  If one uses that argument,
one loses out of the box by definition.  The case
to be made is one of how much markup enables the
maximum reuse across applications because given
any specific application, less can be more.  As
you say, one ends up lost in arguments about the
most efficient parse and so forth, but they wander
away from other system-wide concerns sometimes
labeled as lifecycle and repurposing of information.

len