   RE: [xml-dev] RelaxNG question

> My current favourite example is Exclusive XML Canonicalisation
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-exc-c14n/).
>
> The complexity created by namespace inheritance oozes out of every paragraph.

Indeed; EXC-C14N is all about handling namespace inheritance, and
what happens when you embed one piece of XML inside another, such as
carrying a message in SOAP.

I like namespaces.  I really dislike canonicalization; I've done two
implementations (including a free one in Python that is part of PyXML)
of both C14N and EXC-C14N, and I try to leave the room if anyone finds
a bug in the code. :(

Folks proposing alternatives to namespaces might find it worthwhile to
look at the XML C14N spec and figure out how their alternatives can be
made to meet the same requirements.  (A global index of prefixes is
pretty easy, of course.)
        /r$
XML Security Overview      http://www.datapower.com/xmldev/xmlsecurity.html