   Re: [xml-dev] RDF and RELAX NG

Simon St.Laurent wrote:

>It may be very naive of me to think this, but something keeps telling me
>that RELAX NG's patterns and RDF's graphs may be able to talk to each
>other in ways that go well beyond the rdf:parseType attribute or XSLT
>transforms between attribute names in a local vocabulary and the rdf:ID,
>rdf:about, etc.  I suspect (though I'm still working it out, and don't
>know nearly enough to be certain) that RELAX NG annotations could be
>sufficient to provide a complete mapping from an unchanged XML
>vocabulary to a set of RDF graphs.

Along these lines, I've been playing around with using RELAXNGCC to
generate RDF triples (this is exactly the annotation idea you outline
above).

I've RELAXNGCC annotated the RDF/XML Relaxng schema itself:
http://www.openhealth.org/RDF/RELAXNGccRDF.rng but unfortunately
RELAXNGCC doesn't yet implement allow this: "attribute with a complex
name class is not supported yet" :-(

This schema/parser doesn't yet deal with bagIds or reification... but
since RELAXNGCC chokes on it, this hardly seems to be its main problem
:-\ oh well...

Jonathan