   RE: [xml-dev] xml taxonomy

---- Start SpamAssassin results
7.20 points, 7 required;
*  1.2 -- BODY: Message is 0% to 10% HTML
*  6.0 -- RAW: Message text disguised using base-64 encoding

---- End of SpamAssassin results

The original message did not contain plain text, and may be unsafe to
open with some email clients; in particular, it may contain a virus,
or confirm that your address can receive spam.  If you wish to view
it, it may be safer to save it to a file and open it with an editor.

--- Begin Message ---
<quote from="Rick Marshall">

	<!-- ... --> having a taxonomy of xml may help us to understand
what forms, and when are good for different problems. <!--  ... -->
	<!-- ... --> by focusing on well defined sets of xml structures
and their properties we can get the theorems to improve our use and
understanding. <!-- ... -->
	<!-- ... --> by understanding the properties and operators that
are valid on these sets we can then see the analogies to other
technologies such as
	relational models, markup, etc. <!-- ... -->

</quote>

  In its five year-old evolution, XML has grown to be a fundamental
technology in the data/process integration domain in the Internet.  I
think, as Rick do, that it is time to produce an XML Taxonomy, based in
computer science theorems and best practices of software engineering.
This will be a formalization of the principles by wich XML will be
elegible to *fit* in certain domains (perhaps a definition of
integration with the relational model, similar as the ISO spec of
SQL/XML).

Cheers,

Sergio Rodríguez.

<<winmail.dat>>