   XSLT and default namespaces

XSLT's handling of namespaces seems to be the bane of my life.

I am writing a stylesheet to create a partially populated QA template for
schemas. I need to be able to extract the default namespace from the
xs:schema element. This typically looks like:

<xs:schema
	targetNamespace="example.com"
	xmlns="example.com"
	elementFormDefault="qualified"
	attributeFormDefault="unqualified">

Or at least, a good one does. Is it possible to extract the value of the
default namespace when the element to which it is attached is in another
namespace (as here)? I am using XSLT 1.0.

Regards

Paul Spencer
Boynings Consulting Ltd
http://www.boynings.co.uk