Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Summary of XML line break normalization, impact of xml:space="preserve" on normalization
- From: "Roger L. Costello" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 10:42:45 -0400
- Organization: The MITRE Corporation
Thanks a lot for your help. Here is a summary of the discussion:
1. All line breaks in an XML document are normalized to \n
2. The xml:space="preserve" attribute does not affect line break
3. Other line separator characters can be inserted into an XML document
(without getting normalized) by using character entity references.
For example, ordinarily \r would be normalized to \n.
If you want a \r in your XML document then use