   RE : [xml-dev] Text or tags choice with XSD

> <Quote>
> practically, from the instances creator point of view (the one that
> write an instance), is it differing so much with the following ?

> <time-simple>14:59</time>
> </Quote>
>
> Yes it is, and necessarily so. The xsi:type value is needed so that the
> schema processor knows which of the types is being used at runtime.

I think you're missing his point, being that rather than making the end user
include xsi:type, if he just defines a "time-complex" and a "time-simple"
element in his schema, the end user now only has to choose which element to
use (schema stuff can be confusing to end users, so I agree that whenever
you can exclude them from your instance docs, you should).

Bryce K. Nielsen
SysOnyx Inc. (www.sysonyx.com)
Makers of xmlLinguist, the Text-to-XML Translator
(http://www.xmllinguist.com)