   Re: [xml-dev] RE : [xml-dev] Text or tags choice with XSD

Bryce K. Nielsen scripsit:

> I think you're missing his point, being that rather than making the end user
> include xsi:type, if he just defines a "time-complex" and a "time-simple"
> element in his schema, the end user now only has to choose which element to
> use (schema stuff can be confusing to end users, so I agree that whenever
> you can exclude them from your instance docs, you should).

Why is using a different element name so much simpler than adding a distinguishing
attribute value?

--
After fixing the Y2K bug in an application:     John Cowan
        WELCOME TO <censored>                   jcowan@reutershealth.com