   Re: [xml-dev] searching sql dtd

On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 16:08, Murali Mani wrote:
> Do you want to get a DTD given a relational schema? I can point to a tool
> (my own.. :)) which works with any RDB with JDBC, queries the RDB for the
> schema, and converts this schema into a default schema for XML, which is
> "good".. I say default because there can be multiple XML schemas for a
> relational schema, and we have our criterion for choosing this default..
> And I say it is good because it uses some "goodness metrics" and it
> maintains all key, foreign key constraints specified in RDB..
>
> I will definitely say you should check it out, because it is very light
> weight, and I believe it will mostly satisfy your requirements..
>
> let me know and I can point you to this.
>
> best regards,
> murali.

Thanks for your answer,

that's what I am searching for. It will be nice if you can point me to
your tool to see your example. But it's important to me to know that
there are people which have an standard or working on it. I want to
avoid that nobody uses my tool, because it does not correspond to the
standard if there is one.