   Re: [xml-dev] XML Storage Architecture

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Joe ;->

Jason, you are really asking what the optimum way is to store some data for
a particular task. I don't know what needs to be optimized until I know
more about what you are doing with this data. Here are some questions that
might be helpful for a start:

- What kind of data is this? Are there logical connections that would be
lost if the data were divided up into smaller "chunks"?
- Are you creating many different kinds of XML documents from the same
data, or do you retrieve it in the same form it was stored?
- How many users are anticipated? What kind of turnaround time is needed?
For what kinds of requests?
- How is the data updated?

Jonathan