From: Dare Obasanjo [mailto:dareo@microsoft.com]
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 8:48 AM
To: Bullard, Claude L (Len)
Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: RE: Do Schemas Matter to .NET?

I guess it depends on the application. However so many aspects of the .NET
Framework work with XML Schema from typed datasets to XML Serialization to
XML Web Services that it is inconceivable that one would say that XML
Schemas do not matter in the .NET Framework. If you mean .NET in the sense
of http://www.microsoft.com/net/

"Microsoft(r) .NET is a set of Microsoft software technologies for
connecting information, people, systems, and devices. It enables a high
level of software integration through the use of Web services-small,
discrete, building-block applications that connect to each other as well as
to other, larger applications over the Internet."

then XML schemas are an important part of this picture.