   xml namespace prefix resolution

Hi ,
   I need help with namespace prefix resolution .
   I have an XML document instance of type :

<top xmlns:p="http://myns">
   <child>
      <elem>p:someText</elem>
   </child>
</top>

 I want to use jaxp api's to parse <elem> into a QName .

 I wanted some recommendation on the best way to accomplish the same .Please include me in the reply as I am not subscribed to this list .

Thanks
Anirban

Anirban Chatterjee
(804) 677 1916