   Re: [xml-dev] Web Services and Quality

chiusano_joseph@bah.com (Chiusano Joseph) writes:
>Lately I've been thinking about what's around the corner for Web
>services (whether we're close to that corner yet or not is a separate
>issue). The notion of dynamic discovery and collaboration of Web
>services comes to mind (choreography, business processes, etc.) - but
>I'm also thinking in terms of how a Web service can judge the "quality"
>of another Web service. My question is: is anyone aware of any current
>efforts on rating Web services?

I don't have a good answer for this, but have heard several suggestions
for providing EBay-like feedback on services using UDDI-like approaches.

Determining whose feedback to listen to, while still keeping consumers
free of legal or other retailiation from vendors seems like a bigger
problem than the technical issues.