   RE: [xml-dev] Web Services and Quality

  • To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Web Services and Quality
  • From: "Jason Kohls" <jkohls@infotechresearchgroup.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:19:15 -0400

I totally agree.

I can see "Web Services Brokers" cropping up, each focusing on a
particular vertical, etc.  Of course, some sort of "industry standard"
metrics/SLAs (like Application Service Providers have been moving too),
from which each Web service provider can be benchmarked against, will
have to be solidified, with vendor backing.
I doubt this will ever be perfected programatically, however.
Reviewing/rating/measuring Web services will be a time-consuming,
experienced-based process, a process that naturally lends itself to
expert appraisal, much like antique furniture and real-estate agencies.