   ISO turns evil?

Apologies if this has come up already and I missed it, but is ISO
really seriously considering charging royalties for the *use* of their
standards?  Here is a response from Tim B-L:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2003JulSep/0213

I don't know the suborganizations and procedures well enough to know
if this was just a wacky proposal from left field (that never has a
chance of being seriously considered), or if there is a real
possibility that ISO would actually do something like this.

All the best,

David