   Re: [xml-dev] relax ng public list?

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 04:52:57PM +0100, Dave Pawson wrote:
> At 22:22 21/09/2003 -0700, K. Ari Krupnikov wrote:
> >Is there an open list where one can ask questions about RELAX NG?
> >There seems to be a members-only relax-ng@lists.oasis-open.org and
> >something called relax-ng-comment@lists.oasis-open.org, but I haven't
> >found a way to subscribe. Is it not public, or am I just having
> >trouble navigation oasis-open.org?
> >
> >Also, just to confirm, there is no jing-specific list, is there?
>
> I only wish there were a higher traffic level list at all.
> Many keep praising relax-ng, but the great unwashed seem
> to feel quite excluded.... despite Tim telling us it's 12K lines
> of e-lisp .... yes. a bit on the gobsmacked side isn't it.

  I have to back this up. A mailing list named "...-comment" doesn't
seems like a way to build up a community. And the other list is private
to OASIS members. If the people behind Relax-NG really want it to succeed
the http://www.relaxng.org/ website should be more widely advertized,
and have the minimal parts needed for a community to build, like a free
public, archived mailing-list, some mechanism for news announcement, etc.
like many other community had been built on-line in the last few years.