   RE: [xml-dev] RNC and inclusion in XSLT-generated XML documents as text?

XSLT 2.0 has an unparsed-text() function to do this.

If you want a portable XSLT 1.0 solution, you could just pass the
contents of the files to the stylesheet as global string-valued
parameters. (The stylesheet would be portable, though not the code that
invokes it).

Eric's solution is also portable as far as the stylesheet is concerned
(it allows you to load a plain text file using the document() function,
by presenting the plain text file as XML); but it's probably more work.

Michael Kay

http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200011/msg00768.html