Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: ANN: Lantern 1.0
- From: Frederic Laurent <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:45:24 +0200
- Organization: http://www.opikanoba.org
- User-agent: KMail/1.5
I am pleased to announce Lantern 1.0 .
Lantern is an OpenSource software which allows users to load XML documents
and then test XPath  expressions and functions.
The features of Lantern comply to the following:
- to be a simple and lightweight software which does nothing but XPath testing;
- to produce an immediate graphical result (selected nodes and context node are highlighted);
- to be namespaces aware;
- to allow the user to set a context node, thus to test expressions related to this node;
- to embed a short documentation about XPath;
- to allow the user to test XPath functions easily;
- to display the XML document in the same format as it is stored in the file (ie: not as an ugly tree widget);
- to be available as an open source, platform independent software.
Lantern addresses :
- XPath and XSLT developers who would like to find the right XPath expression without
developing test cases,
- trainers who wish to illustrate their course with a graphical tool.