   Friendly names in XML Schema best practice?

I was curious if anyone had experience decorating XML Schemas (or any other
schemas for that matter) with "friendly" names. That way, when importing
schemas into editors for non XML users they are presented with something
even more understandable. Additionally, if this has been done, has anyone
seen it done in combination with xml:lang to specify language specific
identifiers. I would imagine that it would go inside of <appInfo> inside
something like <friendlyName xml:lang="en-US">.

To add even more to this question, has anyone seen the use of language
identifiers within the documentation element?

Thanks,
Jeff Rafter