-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Robie [mailto:jonathan.robie@datadirect.com]

At 03:38 PM 9/30/2003, leb27@drexel.edu wrote:
>Hi everyone:
>
>How do I tell an XML schema that the only possible values of an element
>could come from members of a class with some properties defined in an OWL
>ontology?
>
>My concern is not to duplicate efforts by writing a list of possible
>values in an xml schema and again in an OWL ontology.

XML Schema doesn't know anything about OWL, so if you want a set of values
to be treated as an enumeration for the purposes of XML Schema validation,
you will have to create such an enumeration in the XML Schema language.

Yes, this duplicates effort, but XML Schema and OWL are not two parts of
some integrated system, they live in largely separate universes.