   RE: [xml-dev] Managing Innovation

SELinux is neat, but it's not a requirement, and doesn't invalidate
the fact that the basic Unix security model is good.  If you consider
doing the equivalent of adding SELinux to NT-based Windows, then you
end up on a machine without a local Administrator. I bet that machine
wouldn't run. :)  So ref [0] is either a point for Unix, or a wash.

As for ref [1], same argument.  The basic model is solid.  It is quite
reasonable to allocate system resources and then renounce privileges;
I'll point to my own Usenet/NNTP (INN) system as one good example.

> [0] http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/faq.html#I2
> [1] http://books.rsbac.org/unstable/x115.html

Still waiting for the punchline...
        /r$