   RE: [xml-dev] Managing Innovation

len,

we have (and have had for a long time) mandated installation items and
practices to maximise reliability - part of which is constant upgrading.

as part of that i get the security feeds from cert - www.cert.org - and
monitor them carefully. it's interesting that open source software is
still having potential problems logged, and as i mentioned, often within
24 hours, but certainly a couple of days, redhat is distributing a
patch. i think they really set the standard here - oss coders for the
fixes, and redhat for getting it out there.

ms has hardly been mentioned lately which i guess means they've been
successful and fixed all their security issues (sic).

i'm waiting o see xml security issues start appearing - and wondering
about how they will be fixed.

rick