   RE: [xml-dev] Managing Innovation

That is true.. if we consider streaming data, which is something "lots of
DB researchers" are working on w.r.to sensors, they are all potentially
infinite streams..

Let us try do define something which almost everyone will agree with:

Detect malicious schemas. Is a schema such that it will allow only
documents of infinite depth? Do you want to identify such schemas, and
disallow them??

There can be many algorithms for the same. I have a very nice algorithm
for the above which will apply to almost all schema languages, which I can
share with people who are interested.

best regards,
murali.