   Re: [xml-dev] fundamental facets - inquiry from the XML SchemaWorking Gr

Michael,

On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 13:42, C. M. Sperberg-McQueen wrote:

> In order to avoid having the fundamental facets provide
> misleading or (in some cases) inaccurate data, some have
> suggested that we remove the fundamental facets entirely from
> the PSVI, leaving them only as a form of documentation for
> the built-ins.
>
> If users currently rely on having the fundamental facets in
> the PSVI, that would be a bad idea.  If no one uses them, it
> might be a good idea.
>
> Your views, please?

Even though I can't offer the view of a W3C XML Schema implementer (whom
I am not) and directly answer to your question, I haven't resisted
developing the issue on xmlhack (http://xmlhack.com/read.php?item=2077).

To make it short, can't we take this opportunity to build a datatype
system in which people could add their own primitive types?

Eric
--
See you in Philadelphia for XML 2003.
                                    http://www.xmlconference.org/xmlusa/